About the gastro-enterology clinic
Gastroenterology relates to the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the digestive system (oesophagus, stomach, small intestine and colon) and related organs (bile ducts and pancreas). It also includes hepatology, which is the medical field relating to disorders of the liver and their complications.
We implement a multidisciplinary approach to the treatment of obesity through the installation of gastric balloons, and we also help and monitor alcoholic patients who want to stop drinking.
Tumorous diseases are treated in close collaboration with the digestive surgery and oncology units and are the subject of multidisciplinary discussions, to ensure optimal treatment provided in compliance with the most recent scientific data.
The assets of the unit
- A healthy and productive collaboration with excellent surgeons specialised in the digestive system, a highly efficient intensive care unit, competent radiologists working with the latest equipment, an oncology/radiotherapy unit within the institution.
- Doctors working as a team, providing attuned healthcare in the shortest timeframe.
- Medical permanence during the day and highly available duty doctors at night and over the weekend.
- Motivated and helpful endoscopic nurses.
- A highly functional unit where the endoscopy unit, the day hospital, the consultation service, and hospital rooms are close at hand, which limits trips and protects patient privacy.
- The integration of the unit and other specialisations within a single department, facilitating the treatment of several pathologies without having to transfer patients from one unit to another.
- Possibility of performing most endoscopic procedures under light sedation or general anaesthesia (modality to be determined when making the appointment), according to the patient’s preference.
Last update: 04/02/2020 by Gastro-enterology Department