Book an appointment
THE PRENATAL CONSULTATION WITH THE MIDWIFE
ARE YOU PREGNANT?
During the initial consultation, the midwife will confirm your pregnancy and estimate your assumed due date by means of a blood test and/or an ultrasound.
Similarly, she will also explain to you how to face your pregnancy with serenity, have a balanced diet, a healthy lifestyle, practise sports, work, travel, etc.
Your pregnancy is alternately monitored by your gynaecologist and a midwife to guarantee continuing care and effectively answer your questions and meet your individual needs.
During your pregnancy we will meet to discuss certain subjects such as:
- Pre- and postnatal preparations (at the hospital and outside of the clinic)
- The administrative procedures involved in the pregnancy and birth
- The delivery, breastfeeding and bottle-feeding
- In case of previous history of difficulty breastfeeding, breast surgery, twins, etc. you may consult a midwife who is a lactation specialist.
- Your stay on the maternity ward and your return home
- Your newborn's immunisation
During the consultations, the midwife will ensure your well-being as well of that of your infant(s), while collaborating with osteopaths, physiotherapists, the ONE, treating physician, psychologist, etc.
THE POSTNATAL CONSULTATION WITH THE MIDWIFE
The days following the birth of your baby, a midwife from the St-Elisabeth site team may come to see how you and your infant(s) are doing. This will take place at your home.
Three weeks after the birth, we will propose a postnatal consultation with the midwife who accompanied you during your pregnancy. This visit is to ensure that all is well medically and psychologically. During this visit, you will also be able to assess your pregnancy and delivery. You may ask any questions you may have on contraception options, resuming sexual intercourse and perineal rehabilitation.
If you have difficulty breastfeeding, you may also meet with a midwife who is a lactation specialist.