Finding a sexologist
booking an appointment
WHY CONSULT A SEXOLOGIST?
You may consult a sexologist in case of sexual and relational problems.
You may also consult a sexologist for any sexual problem whatsoever.
The problems most frequently addressed are classic sexual issues such as:
- No desire for sex or fluctuating desire (sexual desire disorders);
- Vaginal dryness;
- Erectile dysfunction;
- Premature or delayed ejaculation;
- Pain during sexual intercourse (dyspareunia/vaginismus).
Apart from these, other sexual problems also exist which a sexologist can help you to resolve.
- Problems relating to sex in the wake of a disease (cancer, neurological disorders), after childbirth or an accident;
- Problems relating to sexual identity or preference (homosexual, lesbian, bisexual);
- Questions or hesitation regarding your gender;
- Support when you are having difficulty managing your (new) sexuality;
- Relational and communication problems.
For some issues, the sexologist works in conjunction with a doctor (family doctor, urologist, gynaecologist, oncologist, neurologist, psychiatrist), a psychologist or a physiotherapist.
Source: Sexologist - Last update: 07/02/2022