Programmes, examinations and treatments occupational therapy
Occupational therapy interventions are varied and their procedures, for numerous ailments, are an important factor in the rehabilitation process.
With the simulation of situations arising in the course of daily and professional activities, occupational therapists re-educate patients suffering from motor disabilities and cognitive function disorders:
- Preoperative and postoperative assessments and evaluation (identification of risks, analysis of the patient’s environment...)
- Encouraging the motor recovery of the lower and upper limbs to allow the patient to return to optimal autonomy in his/her daily activities.
- Encouraging autonomy in terms of walking or mobility (treatment, proprioception, walking trajectories...)
- Encouraging transfers
- Encouraging the recovery of range of motion
- Simulating daily activities
- Therapeutic education
- Advice in terms of prevention and interior layout
- Rehabilitation of fine prehensibility
- Recovery of superficial and proprioceptive sensitivities (dexterity, coordination...)
- Endurance work
- “Dorsal school” treatment